The following statement is in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (“POPI”) and is intended to govern your interactions and business dealings with sparrowhawk.cloud T / A Sparrowhawk IT Services (Pty) Ltd hereafter referred to as sparrowhawk.cloud.
“Third Parties” include, but are not limited to; operators, affiliated companies, suppliers and parties providing products, goods, equipment, systems and services directly related to providing the services for an order the Client has requested.
“Personal Information” means any information or set of information that identifies a person and is processed by or on behalf of sparrowhawk.cloud, as described in Chapter 1, section 1 of POPIA.
Processing of Client Personal Information
sparrowhawk.cloud will only process a client's Personal Information on its systems in adherence to POPIA:
Personal Information & Third Parties
- to the extent at which consent is given by each client
- is necessary to perform an action for the fulfillment of an order placed by the client
- as part of an obligation imposed by law on sparrowhawk.cloud
- protects a legitimate interest of a client
- is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of sparrowhawk.cloud
sparrowhawk.cloud may provide Personal Information to Third Parties where:
- it is required in the course of and for the purpose of giving effect to sparrowhawk.cloud’s business activities with its clients,
- in accordance with that which is expressed above, its client agreements, service terms, service level agreements
- or as otherwise required to do so by law
sparrowhawk.cloud will undertake reasonable practicable steps to ensure that client Personal Information that may be transferred to a Third Party is dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the applicable legal requirements.
sparrowhawk.cloud shall only transfer Personal Information to Third Parties in other jurisdictions where such Third Parties are subject to and comply to laws, policies or agreements regarding privacy, data protection and confidentiality of Personal Information, such as but not limited to; POPI or GDPR.
sparrowhawk.cloud as a Third Party
During the course of conducting its business as a IT services & hosting service provider, sparrowhawk.cloud will collect Third Parties’ Personal Information from time to time. sparrowhawk.cloud will Process the Personal Information received from client's on behalf of the clients’s data subjects in conjunction with its Client Agreement, Service Terms and in respect of legal requirements. sparrowhawk.cloud will accordingly ensure that in Processing or storing a Third Party’s Personal Information, it will adhere to its obligations in terms of POPIA.
For more information, please see our Client Agreement
, Services Terms
on our website or contact us for more details. Amendment of POPI Statement
reserves the right to update and / or make changes to this statement whereby improved descriptions can be achieved and / or as required to do so in accordance with regulatory changes.